Friday, February 29, 2008

Unknown Facts About The Flu # Three, Four and Five, New Tony Horton 10 Minute Workouts & Cool Links













Number Three - Having this flu is like going seven rounds with a sneaky Ninja fighter. Just when you think you've got the upper hand and he's going down for the count he sucker punches you and your flat on your back.

Number Four - Being forced to go on a nearly all liquid diet sucks. I found myself lying in bed the other day wondering "How many days of fasting before you begin to lose muscle mass?"

Number Five - Your endurance goes on a vacation. My normal before breakfast routine between 6:30 am and 8 am is get up is make the bed, let the puppy out, feed the fish, turn on the televisions - yes two, start coffee, do my bathroom ablutions and get dressed, lay out Bruno's clothes, wake up Bruno, make his breakfast then have a cup of coffee, start a load of laundry, call Jerry (that's the easy one), shoo Bruno off to the bus, do dishes, feed the horse, feed the dogs and cats, then make my breakfast. Finally, I sit down and eat while watching news on one television and Food TV with the sound off on the other.

Since I got the flu I have to interject rest breaks between every one or two chores.
Like make the bed, let the puppy out, lay down on the couch a few minutes. And then lay down in bed after a breakfast of toast if I'm lucky and water with lime if I feel I can't eat anything. My endurance is lagging so far below normal it's scary. I'm on damned day eight of this flu and I'm so ready to be done with it. Although I'm managing to keep up with the chores that are of bare bones necessity the house is slowly sinking into disarray including dirt tracked in from the muddy yard by people and pets.

Oh well, Spring Cleaning will commence as soon as I'm able.

And on the "Great News" front, Tony Horton just released a new line of fitness videos called 'Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer: Give Me 10 Minutes and I'll Give You Results!' Yes, I'm ordering mine today. I have his Power Half Hour line of workouts and they are killer. I'm sure 10 minutes with Tony is worth an hour with any other trainer. Why not try one of them yourself? If you can't find 30 minutes or 10 minutes a day to exercise I want to hear that excuse...

Here's a few cool links I want to share:

From Tom Venuto's Burn The Fat Blog:

Fat Burners - The Unadulterated Truth

The short and sweet answer is NO, you do not ever “need” fat burners.

While I won’t dismiss the possibility that there are some ingredients in some “fat burner” products that might help a little bit, I take great displeasure in seeing those kinds of misleading headlines as well as the misleading use of models who are often paid to endorse the product even though they may never have even used it (they’re just models!)

Many “fat burner” companies have been sued by the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising, false claims and falsifying before and after photos.
The best you get is a slight thermogenic effect and possibly some slight appetite suppression. A few products might work through other mechanisms like improving thyroid, but if you forgive me the generalization, I consider the effects of all these products to be minutia. In a previous newsletter, I wrote that in my opinion, 97% of your results come from nutrition and training and maybe you get an extra 3% advantage from supplements. Read more.

Urban Dictionary - a slang dictionary with your definitions. Define your world.


Food Cravings - The Why and What To Eat To Stop Them.


Insanely Funny Cat Video