Thursday, November 22, 2007

What We're Thankful For...A Bardelli Thanksgiving List





















This was Bruno's idea. He started making us list what we are thankful for before I had loaded the coffee pot. So we decided to post our list and repost as it grows.

Bruno is thankful for:

My LEGOS.

Myself. (? Kids.)

My computers Samantha and Rita.

My Family.

Thanksgiving holiday.

Christmas.

My cousins.

My teacher Mrs. Mills.

My classmates.

My best friends Freddie, Justin, Junior, and Bret.

My principal who's nice.

My collector cards.

My big box of arts and crafts stuff.

My cars.

My pets.

Chocolate milk.

Pokemon themes.

Puppet shows I put on myself.

Carol is thankful for:

My wonderful husband.

My healthy happy son.

My friend Jesus.

My good health.

No mortgage! No bills besides utilities. (We paid everything off in 1999 before Bruno was born).

Doing things I'm not supposed to be able to do like Power 90X and 55 push ups in one set and 8 sets of 8-12 different exercises in one workout.

Still groping and making out with my husband all the time.

My horse Fury.

My sweet natured cats and dog.

My oldest friends Julie and Jackie. We've known each other since we were five.

My warm and cozy home on a cold morning.

My big brother John.

My aunts and uncles and cousins (88 first cousins on one side!)

Enough exercise equipment to furnish a gym.

A husband who'll drive 75 miles one way to buy me a treadmill. Or a siamese cat. Or pretty much anything I want.

The wisdom of others who I learn from. Like today from Dave Draper who said: "LIFT, EAT, REST AND GROW. I left out the details as they are boring and no one seems to agree upon them. I figure the less said, the fewer the disagreements. It is
the holiday season, after all."

Eating out with my family occasionally. (The less you do it the more special it is).

Music. All kinds including Diana Krall, Tony Bennett, Dean Martin, Montgomery Gentry, Brook & Dun, Trace Atkins, The Eagles, Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty, I could go on and on and list my whole Napster list but I won't.

My husband's seemingly endless handyman and computer skills.

Yeah, football! McNabb is yummy.

TIVO.

Fond memories of my parents who passed in 1980 and 1995.

All the horses I've ridden or owned over the years (Rode borrowed equestrian friends Lucy, Margie, Star, Smoky and Pete (Narzpetar). Owned Candy, Oly, Margo, Margo II, Buckshot, Chantilly, Ginger, Roxanne, and last but not least Fury!)

A warm soft bed draped with satin and fur (fake you PETA loons).

Calcium chews that taste like chocolate and caramel.

Real Belgium chocolates whenever I want.

Champagne! Caviar and Brie! iGourmet.com! Luxuries!

Shopping.

Books. Lots and lots of Books.

Jerry is thankful for:

My hot wife.

My son who got his Mom's brain and looks.

A great job and a great boss.

All the free stuff my boss gives us.

Good health.

Being able to work at a physically demanding job at my age (58).

Yeah, no mortgage and no debt!

Cats to kick.

My wife's extraordinary stuffing.

Turkey AND ham.

All the fixings.

Tums and baking soda.

Football.

Two TV's in the living room to watch two football games at the same time.

Four running vans.

A project truck.

No in-laws.

Oh yeah, my brother-in-law who rarely visits.

Napster blasting on the surround sound.

Craig's List and eBay.

A wife and boss who buy me the best tools. (DeWalt, Craftsman)

Linux.

Money in my wallet and in the bank.

A wife who manages finances so I don't have to.

Buying what I need.

My wife saying what I'm thinking before I say it.

The delete button.