Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Last Restaurant Meal (For Awhile Anyway)

First, we went to Mills Park in Carson City to let Bruno play.












































Waiting For Chili's To Open...











































The Chili From A Different Angle














Ordering Our Last Big Meal...For Awhile Anyway.


































Carol Enjoys Her Blackstone Merlot






























Bruno's Kid's Meal of Grilled Cheese and Fries














Carol's Steak and Spicy Lime Shrimp Combo













Jerry's Steak and Ribs Combo
















My weight this morning is 122 pounds. Amazing after all the sodium, carbs, and calories in my Chili's Combo. I couldn't find nutrition facts for the combo itself, but my estimate from the items listed separately come to 1300 calories, 52 grams of carbs, 70 grams of protein, 98 grams of fat and 3200 mgs sodium! (Not counting the wine).

I did eat only half at Chili's and took the other half home for a late dinner. We all felt so stuffed after eating there. (We ate around noon and I couldn't eat anything else until after 9:00 pm). I hate that bloated feeling. I'm looking forward to going back on plan where I eat six small meals a day and never feel stuffed. On plan, each meal is typically 2-3 ounces of lean meat, 3/4 cup vegetables or 1/2 cup fruit, and 1 teaspoon flax or olive oil or 1 tablespoon of Smart Balance margarine (rich in omega 3s). Occasionally I'll eat a 1/2 cup portion of high fiber carbohydrate like an Orowheat Double Fiber English muffin, before and after a heavy workout. (And plenty of calorie free or low calorie seasonings and condiments. I hate bland food).

Next week I'll post some photos of my "on plan" meals and some recipes. Also, I'll track my workouts and stats here.

Have a Great Weekend!