Friday, June 27, 2008

Green Beans & Working Toward Lean Jeans






























Bruno scolded me this morning for eating all the green beans he picked yesterday. Hey, it was only about half a cup. Those garden fresh beans are sweet and delicious. We ate them raw. We've got a lot of cilantro, chives, basil, and more beans to harvest this weekend.

Weight this morning 118 pounds, body fat 22.0 percent.

Yesterday's workouts went as planned despite the fact there was still thick smoke in the air. I did my 30 sets of biceps / triceps / shoulders while watching Wipeout! on TiVo. That show's fun, lot's of action. It has a lot of really challenging obstacle courses and a few of the contestants are very athletic.

I watched part of the San Francisco news this morning (our Reno Fox 11 doesn't have a news crew and broadcasts San Francisco's channel 2 news instead) and the smoke there is even worse than here. Most of it is coming from a fire in Big Sur. The channel 2 anchor warned everyone to try to stay inside and not to exercise. Ha! I pool jogged and swam under a smoke filled sky for the last several days. Guess my lungs are pretty healthy though my throat's still burning.

Not much else going on in Bardelli World. We're looking forward to the weekend and two relaxing days at home. Tonight we'll start our "cheat day" with pizza and wine. Tomorrow I'll eat a few more carbs - just some Orowheat Double Fiber English Muffins with lean meats and veggies for breakfast, lunch, and snacks, then pizza and wine again at dinner. Sunday morning I'm back on plan with another round of low carb. I'll see where I'm at next Friday and adjust my diet accordingly. Saturday will include a pool workout and Sunday will be weight lifting and hit the pool again (it's supposed to get to 97 degrees this weekend).

Today's plan looks like this:

Meal one - 4 ounces grilled salmon, 1 teaspoon butter, 1/2 cup green beans (canned unfortunately), 1 teaspoon walnut oil

Meal two - protein shake, 1/2 cup mixed berries

Meal three - 3 ounces chicken, salad greens, 1 teaspoon flax oil

Meal four - protein shake

Meal five - three slices of pizza, 1/2 bottle of wine

Meal six - optional, if I wake up hungry in the middle of the night I'll have a protein shake

Beverages - 2 cups black coffee, 1 gallon water with lime, 1/2 bottle of merlot

Supplements - same as yesterday

Workout one - Leg Day number two, pretty much a repeat of Tuesday's workout

Workout two 1 hour of pool aerobics / jogging / tag

Hope everyone has a great weekend!