Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Work Overriding Blogging At The Moment - An Update




















After nearly three weeks of the flu followed by a sinus infection I'm finally feeling like I'm recovered. Well, sort of, I'm still sleeping 10 to 12 hours a night. This flu was the worst one I ever went through because it went on and on and on. Usually I'm only sick 3 to 7 days but this was ridiculously long. I haven't worked out since February 20th! So far I've had no change in scale weight or body fat. My new Tony Horton 10 Minute Workouts are due to arrive today or tomorrow so I'll get back in the swing soon.

I am back to work full time which means writing at least 8 hours a day. My current project is finishing a book on weight loss I started in 2005. Because I switched projects about 2 years ago this one needs a lot of updating. I've finished a first proofread on the existing manuscript and I'm heavy into writing the updates, choosing photography, and working on the cover design. I'll be releasing this book as an eBook when it's complete, probably sometime in May if things keep going smoothly.

After that, I'm going to expand my existing cookbooks by rewriting them one by one and release each of them as eBooks including my 'The Protein Edge Cookbook'. I originally sold all my cookbooks in comb bound format at my previous website, eBay, Amazon, and to other merchants through drop shipping. At last count I'd written 12 cookbooks, all sold exclusive through my company Juicy Britches Publications.

I haven't been actively working at cookbook writing or sales for the last year - after starting my company in 1997 I needed a break and was lucky enough to be in a position to be a slacker. But I'm back at it now and excited about my projects. The economy being what it is I really can't keep living the life of the semi-retired. It's time to bring in more cash flow to help pay for the rising price of gas and groceries. And more exercise equipment and workout videos of course!

I'll have part three of 'You Really Are What You Eat' posted soon.