Friday, March 14, 2008

Last Lost Weekend Before Going Back On Program


















When I got sick with the flu and then sinus infection I totally ignored my diet and abandoned my exercise program. I went through having no appetite at all to craving bacon and potatoes to getting sick of stodgy foods all together. All my flu and sinus symptoms are gone now and I'm getting plenty of sleep. My new Tony Horton 10 Minute Trainer Workouts have arrived and Monday I'm back on program. I'll be mixing them in with my Power 90X and Power 90X Plus workouts.

I'm not reining in my diet yet, partly because I'm reading 'The Cheat To Lose Diet' by Body For Life Grand Champion Joel Marion. (I competed in the 2000 Body For Life Competition six months after Bruno was born). And I've had previous experiences of metabolism boosts from eating more calories for brief periods of time. I nearly always have better results after a break from program.

This weekend I'm making my healthy homemade beef and five vegetable stew so the whole weekend isn't 'lost'. I'll enjoy wine and pizza tonight with Jerry then enjoy my weekend off by 'cleaning out the kitchen' including some leftover chocolate shots. "Yummo!" as Rachael Ray says.

Monday will start me down the training path that leads to swim suit season. I have lots of clean foods for next week - skinless chicken, fish, shrimp, lean beef, turkey, vegetables, fruits, and unrefined whole grains. Our backyard swimming pool is set to open on May 25th. I'd like to buy a smaller size suit this year. The last time I tried on the orange suit in the photo on my sidebar it was a bit loose. I'll post stats and reviews of the first of the 10 Minute Trainer videos early next week.

An aside, I've been having a lot of fun (mixed with frustration) with Photoshop this week working on eBook cover design and manipulating text, photos, and strange new Photoshop techniques. I thought I was a Photoshop whiz because I've been using Photoshop Elements for about 3 years and a full version Photoshop CS Jerry bought me for maybe 18 months to work on photos and some designs. Well let me tell you, I am an amateur who had barely scratched the surface of what Photoshop is capable of accomplishing. I have a three inch thick Photoshop manual but it's not nearly as full of tricks as some of the tutorials you can find online with a Google search. Maybe I'll post some of my experiments later.

Until then, I wish you all a great weekend.