Friday, April 4, 2008

Foodie Friday - Cheesy Goodness



















I got the idea for this post because I'm staring down the week ahead at my scheduled cheat day on Wednesday via the Cheat To Lose Diet plan. I'm shopping for my cheat foods today at iGourmet. And I'm buying this bargain because if I don't get some Cotswald - which I haven't had since Christmas - I'll die. Besides that much cheese, properly stored, will last me two months. I have a Seal-A-Meal and if you reseal cheese in an airtight bag cheese lasts up to 9 months as opposed to a week or so in a regular baggie.

(Joel Marion, author of The Cheat To Lose Diet, says not to shop ahead because you may not be craving on cheat day what you bought ahead. Too bad, Joel. I live 20 miles from the store and I'm not wasting $10 in gas to do an unnecessary shopping run on a Wednesday. Ain't happening, baby. Besides I KNOW what I want, cheese and chocolate).

If you're into diet, nutrition, weight loss, and fat loss, chances are you're also a foodie. Some of us foodies are gourmets, love to cook, own and use every herb and spice known to man, and prefer imported English Stilton to plastic wrapped slices of plastic tasting American cheese any day. Other foodies are not purist and don't know Cotswold from coriander. These foodies love McDonald's, Frito Lay, Oscar Meyer, and Banquet microwave dinners. Whichever side of the foodie fence you sit on, even if you're a fence sitter, there's something below that should tickle your fancy.

My very favorite place to buy food is iGourmet. They have excellent customer service and the biggest selection of American and international gourmet food. Also, if you're signed up for their newsletter you receive great deals including customer appreciation free shipping days. And they have sales, today I got a daily special, one pound of Royal Blue Stilton for $6.00 off.

Can you tell I'm crazy for cheese?

Here's some great food, cuisine, and cooking sites (in no particular order):


Gourmeted.com - The Adventures of Two Desperate Foodies


Gina's Weight Watchers Recipes

The Restaurant Hopper

Healthy Cooking Recipes

Jenn Cooks - Adventures From The Kitchen

The Grill Man

Fruit Species

Suger & Sweets - Find Something Crave Worthy

Mouthing Off

Articles


Immune System Needs Food To Function Well



Pimp My Meal - 8 Instant Ways to Make Healthy Meals Delicious by Josef Brandenburg


Gail Simmons 10 Best Spring Dishes

The Best Pies In London


Foodie Videos

Food Wars



The Hippy Gourmet Makes Veggie Sushi



Extra Cheese: The Rap



Fast Food Freestyle