Friday, October 17, 2008

Examine The Examiners











Here's a rundown of some of the latest and greatest articles at The Examiner. Click the title links to read more.


Best Weight Loss Products For Your Mind by Carol Bardelli, Fitness Examiner


Excerpt: I've personally used both hypnosis and subliminal suggestion programs for years and find both to be valuable for weight loss and weight maintenance. Here's a mini guide to the best products in this field.

Weight Loss Made Simple CD by Matt Sison, C.Ht. and Rick Schaff, M.S.H.N.

"Create harmony between scientific knowledge and instinctual wisdom to sculpt a lean healthy body." – Matt Sison

Weight Loss Made Simple is the best hypnosis program available today. Both Rick Schaff and Matt Sison possess voices that are silky smooth and easy to listen to. The first time I finished listening to this set I wanted to immediately do so again. Talk about a "feel good" experience.

Don't spend hundreds of dollars on a hypnotist or thousands at a Hypnosis center. This CD set offers you the advice of two well respected professionals in the Hypnosis and Fitness Nutrition industry for a fraction of the price. Available through Matt Sison's Website Hypnosis and weight loss.

Overeating makes brain go haywire? by Annie Kay, Nutrition Examiner

Excerpt: Reuters news reported recently on a new study from the journal Cell that explores a contributor to the obesity epidemic.

The study's authors suggest that calorie overload (eating too much at one time) may activate a usually dormant immune system pathway in the brain, causing a chemical imbalance with far reaching effects in the body. This might be part of the reason that weight gain causes such a variety of health problems.

File this under "science can't keep up with culture".

Eat my shorts by Jamie Van Eaton, Low Carb Examiner

This is hysterically funny but you're going to have to go look for yourselves. I'm not giving away the element of surprise!

More shady acquaintances by Jay McDonough, Progressive Politics Examiner

John McCain admits to hanging around convicted felon Gordon Liddy

Excerpt: Liddy is, of course, a convicted felon who has "acknowledged preparing to kill someone during the Ellsberg break-in 'if necessary'; plotting to murder journalist Jack Anderson; plotting with a 'gangland figure' to murder Howard Hunt to stop him from cooperating with investigators; plotting to firebomb the Brookings Institution; and plotting to kidnap...


Oh, come on! Cheryl Burke is NOT fat by Gail Gedan Spencer, Weight Loss Examiner


Excerpt: Dancing With the Stars hoofer Cheryl Burke is fighting back on the boneheads who have said that she's "fat," People magazine reports.

Supermarket Cart Snooping by Linda Duffy, Denver Low-Carb Examiner

Excerpt: I admit it. I am a cart snooper. I take sneaky glances at other people's shopping selections as I pass them in the isles. Sometimes it is to remind myself of the stuff I used to buy and how unhealthy it made me (cereals, whole grain bread, low fat products...eww!).

Atkins legacy: weight loss, great health and attitude? by Amy Dungan, St. Louis Low-Carb Examiner

Excerpt: Depressed by your LC diet? One study says you should be. Source
I’m always on the lookout for the latest news about low-carb diets. Good or bad, I read it all. Today I came across a study that literally had me laughing out loud. Apparently, because I’ve been on a low-carb diet for several years, I should be suicidal by now...