Monday, March 9, 2009

Can you cheat eat your way to a sexy body?


















I've got a Second Life and it's not the kind you find at an interactive online game. When I'm not writing about nutrition and fitness, I write cookbooks. Mostly, I write about cowboy cookery. Ironically, some cowboy recipes aren't all that diet friendly.

But my philosophy is balance in everything. It's perfectly fine to indulge occasionally even if you're trying to lose weight. In fact, one of the best fitness and weight loss approaches available insists that you cheat on your diet. Fitness expert Joel Marion's 'The Cheat To Lose Diet' allows for once a week cheat days after an initial three week period. Here's a few recipes from my cookbook "A Cowboy Cookin' Every Night" for a favorite cheat food of mine, a hearty chili with side dishes.

For more on my experiences with 'The Cheat to Lose Diet' read 'Plan Gives Dieters Day Off Each Week Author: Working Against Body Won't Help Weight' by Darlene Dunn. Darlene interviewed Joel Marion, myself, band others who use Joel's book to lose weight.

Read more and get the free recipes!