Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day Tripping












I'm feeling a little better. This head cold is losing its grip on me.

So we took a little drive this morning out into the country. Unfortunately I forgot my camera and missed a lot of cool shots. Oh well. The photo above is one I took when we bought Fury in Fallon about a year ago.

We drove out to Fallon - Home of Fallon NAS and Top Gun - which is a lush green valley full of alfalfa and corn fields. Everybody who doesn't live here thinks Nevada is one big desert but that's only down in Las Vegas. Here in the north we do have desert areas but we also have farmlands, mountains with snow in winter, and rivers and lakes. Fallon's farms and countryside is just beautiful.

We found a new livestock feed dealer, albeit a very small one. Like us they're a family run business. We're trying a new feed called Chaffehaye - Pasture-in-a-Bag. It's made of high quality alfalfa and easier to chew.

Not much else going on, just household chores between sneezes.

Check out my latest article at The Examiner: Creating A 'No Excuses' Lifestyle.