Friday, August 15, 2008

The Protein Edge Cookbook New 2008 Revised Edition Coming Soon
















I started a small independent cookbook publishing company back in 1997. Juicy Britches Publications - also known as JB Publications - was named after our mini-ranch Juicy Britches Ranch. We came up with the name "Juicy Britches" because Jerry found a branding iron at a flea market with the initials JB. As in Jerry Bardelli...I came up with J is for Juicy, B is for Britches.

The lady at the county business license desk thought it was amusing.

The business plan all started over a small out-of-print comb bound game cookbook I bought at a garage sale for 50 cents. I put it up at eBay and got $44.00 for it. I thought, "Hey, I could write cookbooks like that." And about a year later my first signed and numbered limited edition copy of "Wild Man Gourmet" sold for $26.00 at eBay.

Over the years I've written ten cookbooks - mostly on authentic cowboy cookery - which is why I rarely mention them here. Cowboy cookery ain't exactly low carb though it can be high in protein.

And I also published two cookbooks including 'An Executive Chef's Diabetic Recipes Cookbook' and 'A Chef's International Recipes Cookbook' by Executive Chef Vernon Almon. Vern was a trained chef with 40 years experience who unfortunately died of complications of diabetes after completing his second cookbook. Vern's books will still be available in eBook format through JB Publications in the future.

We did everything in house ourselves including writing, editing, design, printing, and comb binding. This saved a lot of overhead and sold well for years through eBay, Amazon, drop shipping, and mail order until the economy started to sour. This is one of the main reasons I've decided to convert to eBooks - to bring down costs and offer our products at competitive costs.

About two and a half years ago I went on hiatus and stopped all production and sales due to personal reasons. Now, I'm back with a new business plan and I'm rewriting all my cookbooks and moving to Adobe .PDF eBook format.

The first revised cookbook out of the JB Ranch gate will be 'The Protein Edge Cookbook' first published in 2004. Subtitled "Recipes For Muscle Gain and Smart Fat Loss" this cookbook is packed with high protein, low carb, and calorie controlled recipes. If you are looking for high protein, low carbohydrate recipes and also want bodybuilder friendly nutrition this book is for you. It's based on nutrition principles I studied as a certified sports nutritionist, and as an avid researcher of everything on nutrition and fitness. And every recipe in this book is one I developed and have used myself for years.

If anyone wants to write a review for 'The Protein Edge Cookbook' to be included in the book I'll be offering advanced complimentary copies.

About JB Publications:

Our Cookbooks are featured in "The Best of the Best From Nevada Cookbook" Published by Quail Ridge Press - Available Now!


JB Publications Exclusive Cookbooks will soon be available again at Our Website Bardelli Arts.com

Our Cookbook Catalog Includes:

A Chef's International Recipes Cookbook

Weight Loss That Works with Recipes

The Best of the Best of JB Ranch Recipe Sampler Cookbook

A Cowboy Cooking Every Night

Authentic Cowboy Cookery Then & Now

The Protein Edge Cookbook

Easy Gourmet For Diabetics

Wild Man Gourmet - Wild Game Cookbook

The Hooked Cook - A Fisherman's Cookbook

An Executive Chef's Diabetic Recipes Cookbook

All American Meals - Proceeds Support The USO

Use Your Noodle! - Three Italians Cook

A Southern Style Cowboy Cookin' Every Night