Friday, September 21, 2007

Mixed Bag O' Stuff




















My Husband’s a Comedian? House M.D. on the Horizon, Power 90X, More Links, and Summer Snow In My Neighborhood

This morning after I got my munchkin off to the school bus I called my husband at work (an everyday ritual). He asked how I was doing and I said, “I already opened the pasture gate and petted the thoroughbred.” And he replied, “You already had sex!” Apparently HE thinks what I said sounded like a metaphor for sex.

____________________________________________________________________

House M.D. starring the multi-talented and handsome Hugh Laurie has it's fourth season premiere Tuesday night on Fox and we are in countdown mode. House is hands down my favorite show and one of the few shows my husband will actually watch. Not to mention he ends up laughing like crazy at least once per show.

If you're a fan or curious check out House M.D. Quotes for lines like these:

House MD (Hugh Laurie):
Another reason I don't like meeting patients. If they don't know what you look like, they can't yell at you.

House MD (Hugh Laurie):
Could we get off my screw-ups and focus on theirs? Theirs are bigger.

House MD (Hugh Laurie):
No, there is not a thin line between love and hate. There is, in fact, a Great Wall of China with armed sentries posted every twenty feet between love and hate.

House MD (Hugh Laurie): What would you prefer - a doctor who holds your hand while you die or one who ignores you while you get better? I suppose it would particularly suck to have a doctor who ignores you while you die.

Dr. Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard):
That smugness of yours really is an attractive quality.

House MD (Hugh Laurie):
Thank you. It was either that or get my hair highlighted. Smugness is easier to maintain.

__________________________________________________

I had a great Power 90X workout yesterday and am I sore! And I enjoyed one heck of an endorphin rush. Woo hoo! Then last night I received an email from Beachbody announcing that NEW Power 90X workouts are in the works! I am so excited!

Below are a few Power 90X videos including the preview of new workouts coming.

What the “L”.



Weighted Warriors – Tony’s New Shoulder Blaster



Extreme Core with “Kid Play”




_______________________________________________________________________

Here’s a few more links worth checking out:

Training To Failure by Matt Phelps, MS, CSCS

Intriguing Structures On The Surface Of Fat Cells


7 Secrets to Revving Up Your Metabolism By Jennifer Gruenemay, ACE-Certified

Girl On A Mission has an insightful entry on Christian perspective called ‘Who Me? A Control Freak?’

And if you haven’t already, check out Jimmy Moore’s Low Carb Discussion. I finally joined yesterday and it has a friendly and helpful atmosphere. I’m not much of a forum type but I’ll be dropping by Jimmy’s when I can.

__________________________________________________________________________
In The News - Sierra Gets Summer Snow

Here in Northern Nevada we’ve had snow flakes fall in July. Yes, one July I saw snowflakes flutter down though they melted on impact with the ground.

Well, yesterday we had summer snow again, this time Mount Rose Highway between Reno and Lake Tahoe had snow tire restrictions yesterday morning. And this time the snow up on the mountaintops stuck for awhile.


Storm brings first snow to Sierra

Staff Reports – Nevada Appeal, Carson City, NV

September 20, 2007, 4:26 PM

The first Sierra snow of the season beat fall by three days this week as a fifth of an inch of rain fell in Minden Wednesday night.
Minden Weather Watcher Stan Kapler recorded the rain amount dropped by a storm that left 2-3 inches above 7,000 feet on the mountain tops.

Wind associated with the incoming storm on Wednesday knocked power out to about 3,000 people at about 11:40 p.m.

Sierra Pacific Power Co. spokesman Karl Walquist said power was knocked out by a tree limb hitting power lines in downtown Gardnerville.

Customers in Gardnerville, the Gardnerville Ranchos, East Valley, Markleeville and Woodfords were among those affected. Most customers had their power back on by 12:10 a.m. The storm brought winds gusts of up to 40 mph in Fish Springs.