Thursday, October 23, 2008

Campbell Brown's Erroneous Opinion On Where Our Campaign Donations Should Go
















First, I'd like to address CNN's Campbell Brown's erroneous idea that presidential candidates should donate a large amount of their campaign coffers to charity. Ms. Brown, when I and my fellow Obama supporters donate $5, or $50, to Senator Obama we want our money USED by the Senator himself to get elected as president. I did NOT send my hard earned money to him so that you could dictate it should go somewhere else. You have no right to suggest my money should go anywhere. It's my money, I earned it, and I have a right to donate it to my choice for presidential candidate with the expectation it will be used as I intended.

I'd bet that people who've donated money to Senator McCain meant for their donations to be used to elect him and not sent somewhere else. So, I respectfully disagree with you, Ms. Brown. It's also erroneous to believe that if we donate money to political candidates we didn't also donate to charity as well. I support charities as well. Please pay attention to your own finances and stay out of mine.

To contact Campbell Brown click here.

Informative Links

Real Clear Politics Electoral College Map and Latest Poll Data

The Huffington Post: Republicans Voting for Obama: In Their Own Words by Eric Hirshberg

National Politics Examiners

Time: McCain's Struggles: Four Ways He Went Wrong